What is Hash/Hashish?
Hashish, also known as hash, is a potent cannabis concentrate made from the resin of the female cannabis plant after separating the trichomes from the flowers. Trichomes are the resin glands of the cannabis plant that have the highest terpenes and cannabinoids, which give cannabis certain properties.
Hash is made by drying resin and compressing it into blocks that can be smoked, vaporized, or used to make edibles or hash oil. The THC content of hash is much higher than in other cannabis products, making it one of the strongest cannabis products available with the ability to create a more intense high than marijuana.
But how is hash smoked? In this article, we’ll dive into how to smoke hash in a pipe as well as every other method of smoking hash.
Why Do People Enjoy Smoking Hash?
Hash has several benefits that make it a popular choice for smokers. These include:
- The high from hash can be more intense and long-lasting than the high from smoking weed since it has a higher THC content.
- Hash is easier to transport and store than weed because it doesn’t take up as much space as some other cannabis products.
- Hash is more potent than weed, so you may need to smoke less of it.
People who choose to consume hash for medical purposes do so because the higher THC content of hash makes it a potent tool for managing pain as well as cancer symptoms, nausea, insomnia, and many other health ailments.
How to Smoke Hash
If you’re new to cannabis and want to learn how to smoke hash, there are a few things you should know before you start. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to smoke hash depending on your chosen method:
How to Smoke Hash With a Joint / Spliff / Blunt
If you’re smoking hash in a joint, spliff, or blunt, the process is pretty similar to smoking weed. However, hash doesn’t always burn very well, so you’ll want to include a combination of hash and flower.
Expect to get more high while smoking hash in a joint than you would from weed alone, since hash is more potent.
Things You’ll Need
- Lighter or hemp wick
- Rolling paper or blunt wrap
- Marijuana flower, or other smokable herb
- To start, take your rolling paper or wrap and add a thin layer of flower to the bottom.
- Add a layer of hash on top of the flower. To make your hash easier to work with, roll your hash into a thin line that lies on top of the flower.
- Add a little more flower on top of the hash, covering it.
- Roll the joint, spliff, or blunt as you would normally.
- Light it up and take a hit!
How to Smoke Hash With a Dab Rig
Dab rigs are designed for smoking concentrates, but they can also be used to smoke hash. Keep in mind that in order for this method to work, your hash needs to be able to melt. Not all hash melts easily, so you may have to follow additional steps to process it further before smoking.
Things You’ll Need
- Dab rig
- Carb cap (optional but recommended)
- E-nail or blow torch
- Check to make sure there’s water in the chamber of your dab rig and add water if necessary.
- Use your bowl torch or e-nail to bring the banger up to your desired temperature between 350 and 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use a dabber to place a piece of hash onto the hot banger.
- If you have a carb cap, place it over the banger, then start drawing in through the mouthpiece.
- Remove the carb cap and inhale your hash vapor.
Tip: If you try to dab your hash and find that it doesn’t melt well, you might need to turn your hash into rosin, which is a processed cannabis product. To do this, you will need a hair straightener or flat iron. Follow these steps:
- Sandwich the hash between two layers of wax paper.
- Place the hash wrapped in wax paper in a warmed-up hair straightener and squeeze for several seconds.
- Now you have rosin that should melt easier in your dab rig. Follow the steps above to enjoy your dab.
How to Smoke Hash Using the Hot Knives Method
How is hash smoked with knives, you ask? The hot knives method is pretty simple to do. All you need is a pair of knives, a water bottle, and a heat source.
Things You’ll Need
- 2 metal knives
- Heat source (stovetop, blow torch, etc.)
- Plastic water bottle, cut in half
- Start by cutting your water bottle in half to make a mouthpiece. You can discard the bottom half, since you only need the top half for this method.
- Grab your metal knives and heat them up with a blowtorch or by setting them on a hot stovetop. Heat them until they’re red hot.
- Let the knives cool a little bit and place the mouthpiece in your mouth, holding it there with your teeth.
- Place a small chunk of hash onto one of your knives, then press the other knife on top of it quickly.
- Your hash will start smoking as soon as it’s squished between the knives. Use your water bottle mouthpiece to inhale the smoke. Try not to let any of it escape!
How to Smoke Hash With a Vaporizer
You can also vaporize hash using a vaporizer. Similarly to the dab rig method, you need to have hash that melts well in order for this method to work. If your hash doesn’t melt, follow the steps under the dab rig section to turn your hash into rosin before using it in your vaporizer.
Things You’ll Need
- Vaporizer designed for concentrates
- Specialized concentrates adapter (if using a dry herb vaporizer)
- Check that your vaporizer is equipped for concentrates. If it’s a dry herb vaporizer, you’ll need a concentrates adapter. You can use this by removing the regular dry herb chamber and replacing it with the concentrate chamber.
- Drop a small chunk of hash into your chamber and heat up your vaporizer to between 350 and 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Fire up your vaporizer, then inhale the vapor through your mouthpiece, balloon, or whip.
How to Smoke Hash in a Bong, a Bowl, Pipe, or Bubbler
You can also smoke hash in a bowl, either on its own or mixed with regular flower. Keep in mind that this method is best if your hash is already in small pieces. If your hash is one big chunk, you’ll need to break it into smaller pieces before smoking.
Read on to learn how to smoke hash in a pipe or bong.
Things You’ll Need
- Pipe of choice
- Flower (optional)
- Metal screen (optional)
- Depending on the method you’re using, either put a metal screen or a thin layer of flower on the bottom of your pipe. To make sure your hash burns evenly, make sure to use a screen specifically designed for smoking.
- Add a small chunk of hash on top of the screen or flower.
- Smoke your bowl as you would normally.
Tip: If the hash isn’t burning as well as you would like, try using a higher-powered lighter, as hash tends to be more resistant to flame than regular flower.
How to Smoke Bubble Hash Using a Cup
If you find yourself without your vaporizer while traveling or if you’re just looking for a new way to smoke hash, you can use a cup to smoke hash. This technique requires a bit of skill but looks impressive if you can pull it off.
Things You’ll Need
- Glass or metal cup
- A flat surface (like a coffee table)
- A dab tool
- Place the cup face-down on the edge of the table with a small portion hanging over the table.
- Put a small chunk of hash on your dab tool and heat it gently with a lighter to create a smoldering ember with slow, consistent smoke.
- Put the dab tool below the cup so that the smoke gathers inside.
- Once the cup is full of smoke, use a spoon to suck in the smoke.
How to Smoke Hash in Water Bottle
Another method that you can use if you find yourself short on supplies is the bottle toke method. This style of smoking hash is simple and cost-effective, but it can also be one of the most hazardous methods, so be cautious if you use it!
Things You’ll Need
- Plastic water bottle
- A knife or other sharp object
- Dab tool
- Remove the lid from the plastic water bottle and use your knife to bore out a hole into the bottom of the bottle.
- Heat your dab tool with a small chunk of hash until it produces a light smoke.
- Place the dab tool as close to the hole of the water bottle as possible so most of the smoke enters the bottle.
- Once enough smoke accumulates in the bottle, inhale through the open bottleneck.
What is the Best Way to Smoke Hash?
Out of all the methods we’ve talked about in this article, the best way to smoke hash is using a vaporizer. Most smokers prefer this method because it’s the healthiest option and it’s also the most efficient way to smoke hash.
That being said, smoked hash is often also enjoyed with the popular method of using a joint or bowl. It’s up to you to decide which method is best for you!
Why Buy Smoked Hash at Buy My Weed Online?
Buying smoked hash in Canada has never been more convenient. At Buy My Weed Online, you can take your time browsing products and get familiar with all your options before committing to a purchase.
Our Hashish Products
If you’re looking to buy hash online, our selection is sure to impress. We’ve got all the classic hash options like Nepalese hash, Morocco, and Lebanon, as well as unique blends that you may be curious to try.
Our online dispensary also offers a variety of hashish products like shatter, wax, and live resin.
Buy My Weed Online believes in giving every Canadian deserves access to high-quality recreational and medical marijuana. We provide only the best products from the most reputable brands in the industry. You can trust that our hash is of the highest quality and potency. Shop with us today and see the difference!
Nothing is better than getting great quality hash fast! We use Canada Post Xpress Shipping services to deliver your cannabis order quickly with safety and discretion when you order pot online in Canada.
There are many different types of hash, but the three most popular are Nepal, Morocco, and Lebanon. Each type of hash has its own unique properties and flavors. You may want to try out a few different types to see which one you like best!
The effects of hash typically last for 1-2 hours. However, this can vary depending on the person and the method of consumption. Smoking hash in a joint or bowl will result in a shorter high, while vaporizing hash will provide a longer-lasting experience.
There is no evidence to suggest that smoking hash causes liver damage. However, consuming large amounts of hash (or any cannabis product) can lead to intoxication and other negative side effects. It is always important to consume cannabis responsibly and start with a low dose if you are new to hashish.It’s always a good idea to discuss any concerns you may have with your doctor before consuming cannabis.
The THC content in shatter can range from 20-80%, so it can be just as strong (or stronger) than hash. However, the effects of shatter typically last for a shorter period of time than hash.
Hash typically has a strong, pungent smell similar to marijuana. If you are trying to be discreet, it is best to consume hash in a vaporizer or another method that doesn’t produce a lot of smoke.
Smoking hash is a great way to enjoy the unique flavors and effects of this cannabis concentrate. There are many different ways to smoke hash, so it’s up to you to decide which method is best for you.
When buying hash online, be sure to check out Buy My Weed Online for the best selection of high-quality hash products in Canada!
Buy My Weed has an endless amount of strains to help ease all medical conditions, such as anxiety, stress, ADD/ADHD, depression, loss of appetite muscular dystrophy, hypertension, insomnia, migraines—the list goes on. Even better, our marijuana dispensary offers the lowest prices online, guaranteed