FAQs about CBD Tinctures
How do I use CBD tinctures?
CBD tinctures are typically used sublingually, which means they are administered under the tongue. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to use them:
- Shake the tincture bottle well to mix the contents.
- Using the dropper provided, squeeze the bulb to draw up the oil.
- Place the recommended number of drops under your tongue. If you’re new to CBD, it’s often best to start with a small amount and gradually increase it over time.
- Hold the oil under your tongue for approximately 60-90 seconds to allow it to be absorbed through the mucous membranes. This method helps the CBD to bypass the digestive system and liver metabolization, allowing it to reach your bloodstream and interact with the endocannabinoid system more quickly.
- After holding, swallow any remaining oil.
What is the recommended dosage for CBD tinctures?
There isn’t a one-size-fits-all dosage for CBD tinctures due to varying factors such as the concentration of CBD in the product, the individual’s body weight, the condition being addressed, and individual biochemistry.
A common starting point is to take 1-6mg of CBD for every 10 pounds of body weight, based on the individual’s level of pain. However, many experts recommend starting with a small dose, like 5-10mg per day, and gradually increasing it until the desired effects are achieved.
Always follow the instructions on the product label, and consider consulting with a healthcare provider who is familiar with CBD. They can provide personalized advice based on your specific needs and circumstances. CBD can interact with certain medications, so it’s important to discuss this with your healthcare provider.