The Perfect Cannabutter Recipe
Time: 3 hours
The popularity of cannabis edibles has skyrocketed in the past few years as weed lovers have decided that they can have their canna cakes and pastas whenever and wherever they want. An essential ingredient behind these tasty hash treats is cannabutter. All your favorite canna-burgers, cannabis cakes, cannabis pasta, canna-infused brownies, and other dishes are incomplete without this foundational ingredient.I’ve checked a lot of cannabutter recipes over the years and what I realized is that many people prefer and therefore prepare mild cannabutter. However, as I have high tolerance to cannabis, I always prefer mine to be extremely strong. It’s also because mostly when I’m eating canna-infused edibles, I want my joint pain to go away. And it’s only possible with a highly potent cannabis dish.Mostly the milder cannabutter is preferred by people who just want to relax or refresh themselves. But what I always tell these people is that you can reduce its potency in your dishes by simply using less of cannabutter and more of regular butter. But once your cannabutter is made, you can’t change its potency. So it’s always better to make a stronger one and then set a ratio of regular butter to cannabutter that suits your desires and tolerance level.
- 7 grams decarbed cannabis
- 1 lb. regular butter (unsalted)
- Boil a quart of water in a medium saucepan. You can set the amount yourself, just make sure that cannabis (which you will add later) is always floating about 1.5-2 inches above the bottom of the pan.
- When the water starts boiling, add the butter in the saucepan and let it melt completely.
- When the butter has completely melted, add the decarbed cannabis.
- Once the cannabis is added, turn down the heat to low. Let the cannabis cook for about 3 hours.
- You can tell that it’s cooked when top of the mixture turns from watery to thick and glossy.
- When the cannabutter is cooking, set up the bowl to put the finished product in it. I usually use a heat-resistant bowl. However, you can also use a plastic food container. Take a cheesecloth and place a double layer of it over the top. Secure it with tape or elastic. Then strain the cannabutter over the bowl carefully. Try not to spill.
- Once you emptied the saucepan in the bowl, pick the cheesecloth from the bowl and squeeze out the remaining cannabutter.
- Let the cannabutter cool for an hour at room temperature. Then place it in the refrigerator until it has risen to the uppermost layer and is solid. Once this is done, it means that the THC along with other properties has attached to the butter.
- Lift the butter off the bowl by running a knife around its edges.
- Place the butter upside down on the work surface and remove the cooking water if any left. Your cannabutter is ready! Enjoy!
The Perfect Cannabutter by BMWOFAQS
- What is cannabutter used for?
- What are the benefits of cannabutter?
- Does Cannabutter have CBD?
- How long to cook cannabutter in crockpot?
- Can I freeze cannabutter?
- Can you make cannabutter from leaves?
- Can you overcook cannabutter?
- How do you calculate the THC per serving of your cannabutter?
- How do you consume cannabutter?
- How do you defrost cannabutter?
- How long does cannabutter high last?
- Can you use cannabutter right after making it?
- Can you microwave cannabutter?
- How much cannabutter should I eat?
- Can cannabutter absorb through skin?