Chicken Cutlets Milanese
Time: 40 Mins
I visited Rome last year, and tried a lot of new dishes there. This particular dish, I hadn’t ever even heard about! During my stay there, the most wonderful snack I had was the chicken Milanese cutlet. It was crispy, and had an arugula topping. So simple, yet so perfect - heavenly delicious!I make this snack at home quite often, and top it with whatever feels right. Mostly, it’s tomatoes in summer, and peppery salad with arugula & herbs in the winter, taking me right back to that wonderful dish - and the time I spent there of course.I add cannabis to the dressing, in this dish, as the temperature to make the cutlet crisp is too hot for the infused oil.
- 2 lightly beaten eggs
- 2 cups panko crumbs
- canola oil
- 6 skinless and boneless thin pounded chicken breasts
- salt and pepper, use as per your preference
- 1 bunch of rinsed, dried, and trimmed arugula
- 1 bunch of fresh mixed herbs, cleaned and dried
- 2-3 tbsp lime juice
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 peeled and thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup of grape tomatoes
- 2 tbsp cannaoil
- 6 tbsp crumbled goat cheese
- 1 lime cut in slices
- Place thinly pounded chicken breasts on a work surface, and sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Place breadcrumbs & whisked eggs, into two separate bowls. First, dip the chicken breasts in egg, and then in the crumbs. Make sure they are well coated. Gently shake off excess bread crumbs.
- Pour oil into a skillet & preheat - it should be at least ¼ inch above the bottom of the pan. When oil is warm/hot, add 1 or 2 cutlets.Note: Do not overcrowd the pan.
- Pan fry for 4 - 6 min, or until golden brown, and then turn cutlets to cook the other side. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
- Place on cooling racks over baking sheets covered with a clean, dry dish towel, or paper towels, to absorb excess oil. Tip: The racks help keep the cutlets crispy.
- Combine herbs, arugula, tomatoes & onions, in a medium-sized mixing bowl & toss to evenly distribute ingredients.
- Whisk infused cannabis-oil with olive oil, salt, pepper & lime juice.
- Divide salad into serving bowls, and place one cutlet on top. Drizzle with dressing, add chunks of goat cheese & serve with a slice of lime.