Triple-Infused Pumpkin Pie
Time: 3 hours
Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and I’m super excited for it! It’s the best holiday with good food, loved ones, and a long weekend. A plate of moist, stuffed turkey, smothered in delicious gravy - well, THAT’S A MEAL! And this meal deserves the perfect ending! Finishing this meal with a canna-infused dessert is the best way to go, and my choice is a triple-infused pumpkin pie. I usually infuse it with sativa cannabis strains because I love the cerebral high. If you want to end your Thanksgiving meal on a gorgeous note, this pumpkin pie is the right choice! Here’s the recipe:
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 7 tbsp unsalted butter (cold and cubed)
- 1 tbsp cannabutter (cold and cubed)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup ice water
For Pie Filling
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cannabutter (melted)
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin
- 1 can of evaporated milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground clove
For Weeded Whipped Cream
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup heavy whipped cream
- 1 tsp cannabutter (melted)
To Prepare the Crust
- In a food processor bowl, mix canna-butter, regular butter, flour & salt. Slowly, add ice water, and blend, until dough starts to form a ball.
- Pour onto a work surface, lightly floured, and pull ball together, and flatten into a disc shape. Lightly flour dough & wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 30 min.Tip: This dough can be made ahead of time, even days ahead, and left in refrigerator, until ready to use.
- Prepare a pie plate, by greasing with butter or coconut oil.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out dough to fit pie plate with a little extra around the edges.
- Gently, roll dough around rolling pin, to transfer over pie plate. Carefully & gently unroll, and fit into bottom of pie plate.
- Place in refrigerator, while pie filling is prepared.
To Prepare the Pie Filling
- Preheat the oven at 340°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients & mix using a hand mixer or using a wooden spoon, until smooth.
- Pour mixture into chilled pie shell. Bake for 45 - 50 min, or until filling sets. Tip: You could use a toothpick, skewer or cake test in the center of the pie, to ensure it comes out clean.
To Prepare the Whipped Cream Topping
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, halfway whip cream, before adding other ingredients.
- Add vanilla extract, icing sugar, and melted butter - cooled down, but not solid. Finish whipping, until cream foams, and doubles in volume, forming firm peaks.
- Spoon whipped cream onto individual slices, as desired.