Wicked Warm Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
Time: 0 Mins
Sweet potato soup is a must-have recipe, in the winter. If you haven’t tried making one yet, and you are a fan of sweet potato or vegan soups, then you’ve got to give this cannabis-infused recipe a try. A bowl of this comforting soup is a favorite to make, and can be stored to serve later.My sister brought over a bunch of sweet potatoes, one day, and I wasn’t sure how to use them all. I used some to make sweet potato casserole, then some for pancakes, but I was still left with quite a number of them. After scrolling some online cookbooks, and searching “sweet potato dishes” on Google for hours, the idea of making this delicious, infused soup came to mind. My soup turned out perfectly! So, I thought I should share the recipe.I infused some butter with a few ounces of Blackberry Kush, an indica strain that works great for pain & insomnia. I was having a terrible headache, and a stressful day, and this weed made me feel so much better.Note: If you need help with preparing infused butter, check out our canna-infused butter recipe.
- 3 peeled sweet potatoes cut in sections
- 2 tbsp cannabutter
- 3 chopped scallions
- 2 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp half-and-half
- ½ cup fresh (or fried) parsley leaves (dried well)
- ½ tsp cayenne powder
- 2-3 cups vegetable stock (or chicken stock)
- fresh parsley for garnishing
- Place sweet potatoes into a large soup pot, and cover with water, by a few inches. Boil, until tender - about 20 - 25 min. Drain.
- While potatoes are boiling, heat cannabutter, in a medium sauce pan. Add scallions, and cook for 3 - 4 min, stirring occasionally.
- If adding fried parsley, heat some canola oil in a sauce pot. When hot, add dry parsley leaves, and fry for a few seconds, until parsley leaves crisp. Drain on a clean, dry paper towel.
- Add cooked sweet potatoes into food processor & purée. Add remaining ingredients gradually, ending with stock, and process, until completely smooth.
- Heat soup again, before serving. Pour into serving bowls. Garnish with fresh parsley. Enjoy!