Time: 0 Mins
This amazingly delicious smoothie is packed with a lot of nutrition – healthy fats and calcium from almonds and milk, fiber from banana, and all the health-boosting properties of dates. It’s simple, quick, nutritious, and filling breakfast to start your day with. And at the same time a fabulous after-dinner treat to curb your sweet tooth.If you ask which smoothie I never get bored of, my answer would always be this banana, almond and date smoothie. I make this date smoothie every day. It’s my post-workout drink since the last 4 months. The dates make it naturally sweetened, which is a great thing because there’s no need to add sweeteners. It’s all natural and tastes like a delightful dessert.The first time I tried it was at my sister’s place. It was 10 in the morning and I was craving something sweet. She had all the ingredients already at home so she quickly made me one. And since then I’m totally hooked to it. So when I say I’m a smoothie-lover, I’m basically referring to this one.I love thick smoothies so I use frozen bananas and ice. You can vary the amount of ice according to how thick you like your smoothies. You can add more fruits in this smoothie if you want a mixture flavors but I’d still recommend you to try this as it is at least once. You’re going to love it, I promise!
- 8 pitted dates
- 2 tbsp canna-oil/coconut oil
- ⅓ cup whole almonds
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ cup oats
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ tbsp almond extract
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- Heat canna-infused oil in a small skillet over low heat. Add almonds and dates and sauté for 4-5 mins. Set aside and allow it to cool.
- Put the remaining ingredients in a blender and add almonds and dates. And make sure you brush the oil in the blender.
- Puree till thoroughly blended. Divide among two glasses and enjoy!