Time: 0 Mins
Hummus is one of the tastiest dishes I’ve ever tried! It’s such an incredible dish and super-easy to make at home. The first time I tried it was almost 5 years ago, and since then, I’ve been a huge hummus fan.Hummus has been one of the most popular dishes consumed in the Middle East since ancient times, as you may already know. In addition to its great taste, it also brings many health benefits - that most people aren’t aware of. It’s highly beneficial for people with high cholesterol and heart diseases. The beans and chickpeas in hummus help reduce cholesterol levels and fight against cardiovascular diseases. This delicious dish also helps in regulating your digestive system, which is another plus!If you’ve ever tried or researched about hummus before, you’d know that hummus is available in a wide variety of flavors. So, you can try making any flavor you like. When you’re making hummus at home, you can add pine nuts, or roasted peppers, etc, to make it even tastier. My favorite type of hummus is the one that has chopped spinach in it. I tried it for the first time about 3 months ago, and it turned out super-tasty.If you want to try it out, here’s the recipe:Tip: keep the canned chickpea liquid, called “aquafaba” for a number of awesome uses!
- 15 oz chickpeas (use canned chickpeas and save the liquid)
- ¼ cup tahini paste
- 2 tbsp cannaoil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tbsp minced garlic
- ½ cup chopped spinach
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- assorted chips and dippers
- salt and pepper, use as per your preference
- Drain & rinse chickpeas, and reserve liquid, called aquafaba, in case mixture is too thick.
- Add chickpeas to a mixing bowl, or food processor, along with cannabis-infused oil and all other ingredients.
- Blend, using a hand-held blender, or food processor, until smooth.
- Taste test & adjust seasonings, to your taste.Tip: Add 1 - 2 tablespoons of the chickpeas liquid, in case the mixture is too thick.